Gary Blackard, Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC) President and CEO, has long wondered why in a nation plagued with addiction, ATC remains a “best kept secret” in recovery circles. “We know what we offer as an organization, we know it works, and we know it’s desperately needed. So why aren’t more people coming to Adult & Teen Challenge? In many cases, it is because they just don’t know we’re an option. We have to do more to spread the word that Christ-centered solutions are the only answer for lasting recovery!”
With a strong belief in the importance and power of collaboration, and a strong desire to “spread the word”, ATC and Citygate Network have entered into a formal partnership to share resources and expertise in the area of addiction. Many of Citygate’s member benefits will now be available to ATC centers across North America, and Citygate members will receive discounted pricing on curriculum, including the recently launched Breaking Free and Intimacy with Purpose personal studies.
Citygate Network President John Ashmen said, “Adult & Teen Challenge and Citygate Network have been on parallel paths for decades, both working with those most in need of life transformation. We’ve now increased the size of the support network for both organizations,” continued Ashmen, “and soon we will be able to share best practices and witness the emergence of an informed common assessment of the issues unfolding in society and showing up on our streets. This is what real collaboration looks like.”
The agreement goes into effect this spring.
Citygate Membership Benefits include:
- Instigate—Bi-monthly industry-wide magazine covering all aspects of programming and operations for crisis shelters and life-transformation centers.
- Group Health Benefits*—The Citygate Benefits Program pools the aggregate purchasing power of members to deliver medical, dental, vision, life, and other types of insurance, in addition to best-in-class benefits management tools, typically at significant cost savings to members.
- DC Forum*—Yearly gathering where the staff of member organizations can meet with their own elected officials, hear from federal agency staff and policy experts, and receive training on the most pertinent issues.
- Webinars—Online training sessions that call quick attention to the newest ideas and best practices in leadership and ministry, and responses to current events.
- Ripple Effect*—Citygate Network’s board performance acceleration program, which provides a permanent framework for board excellence to strongly influence each participating organization’s present and future board members.
- Abuse Recovery Training*—An exclusive discount on intensive facilitator training offered by Citygate Network’s partnership organization, plus access to webinars and other resources.
- Resources Library—Rolling collection of thousands of documents, including policies samples, checklists, job descriptions, strategic plans, and other publications, categorized by staff member responsibility, type of operation, and more.
- Career Center—Online portal where members can list employment classifieds and full job descriptions; applicants can submit résumés to member ministries online.
- Toolkits—How-to documents outlining various steps a member ministry can take to address challenging concerns.
- Leadership Program*—Through a partnership with Arrow Leadership, discounts on the Arrow Leadership Program, Sharpening Leaders Initiative, and other resources.
- Food Service*—Cost-saving program through a long-time Citygate Network partner, helping members reduce expenses on food and non-durable goods.
- Property and Liability Insurance*—Industry advocacy and reduced-rate possibilities, plus member-involved insurance committee through a preferred provider agency.
- Re-employment—Free, exclusive access through NextJob to industry-leading software that coaches job-seeking clients through the employment process.
- Financial Credibility—ECFA application fee is waived for Citygate Network members, as are the costs for many ECFA webinars.
- Public Awareness Campaigns—Major collaborations drawing attention to the broken and forgotten, and to members’ work and needs.
- Government Engagement—Citygate Network staff regularly connect with government officials in promoting member interests in Washington, D.C.
- Legislative Alerts—Online information flagging key legislative agendas and recommended actions.
- Faith and Giving Coalition—As a founding member of the Faith and Giving Coalition, Citygate Network advocates for members to protect charitable giving and keeps them up to date on matters affecting resource development.
- On-Call Attorney—Free 20-minute initial consultation who has extensive experience in nonprofit law.
- Legal Representation*—Discounted membership to Alliance Defending Freedom, and organization that represents Christian ministries in defense of religious liberties.
- Logo—Permission to use the Citygate Network logo on literatures and websites, linking members to an esteemed, widely recognized brand.
*There is an additional cost (albeit reduced for members) to launch or participate in these member benefits
Learn more and sign up at https://www.citygatenetwork.org/agrm/Agency_Partner.asp