One of the resources we offer our centers is ready-to-go radio PSAs. Our 30 and 60-second radio PSAs come in both faith-based and general formats. They feature student testimonies and, for Christian stations, Christian music artist and ministry leader endorsements.
Subscribe to receive monthly radio spots in your inbox
Download Recent Radio Spots
How to use:
- Listen to and choose the PSAs which best fit the stations with which you’re working.
- Download and store your PSAs on a cloud-based service likeDropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- We recommend making a folder for each month of the year. Put 5 PSAs in each folder and organize folders by formats or recipients.
- Contact your local radio stations.
- A sample prompt sheet is provided below to help with the conversation.
- Set up an appointment to meet with the station manager or program director to share your PSAs.
- Once stations agree to play the PSAs, ask if they want you to send them a link to the PSAs.
- Build and maintain your station relationships.
- You may want to offer students from your center to volunteer for station projects like fundraisers and charity drives.
- Don’t forget to call twice a year to see if they have any comments, questions or concerns.
Ask to speak with the Program Director.
Hello, this is ______________ from ___________ Adult & Teen Challenge. Are
you familiar with our ministry?
If they haven’t heard of Adult & Teen Challenge:
Adult & Teen Challenge is a national non-profit ministry offering help to people of all ages with drug and alcohol issues. Here in ________, we have a center that serves (men/women/teens/etc). We are faith-based because we know that it takes the power of Jesus Christ to truly set people free from a lifestyle of drug and alcohol addiction. As part of our ministry, we produce an ongoing series of short, 30-second ministry features. Each feature includes a short personal story from an Adult & Teen Challenge student, followed briefly by some information about our program for those who might be in need. Would you consider airing these spots? I would be happy to send you some samples via email if you’d like to preview them.
If they say yes:
Thank you! I’ll send those samples right away. If you decide you’d like to air them, I’ll set you up to receive five new spots every month.
(Have an email ready to send and send samples during call or immediately after.)
Thank you so much for your time and for considering airing these stories on your station!